The Cures Act gives patients unprecedented power over their own health data. HIM professionals will play a big part in helping consumers wield it responsibly and securely.
The pandemic’s impact on the US healthcare system was epochal, the effects of which will reverberate long after COVID-19 ceases to be a public health emergency.
Are managers using the right data to evaluate employee performance? Especially given how the nature of RCM is changing?
Social determinants of health, virtual patient services, and AI are among the opportunities—and challenges—faced by HIM professionals.
Publishing week of 1/11
- “Evaluation and Management in 2021: What every HIM Professional Needs to Know (Part 2)” By G. Elizbeth Wilson, MA, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, CPC, CRC, CEMC, CPMA, CPCO, CHC
- “Lessons Learned During the Pandemic” By Laurie M. Johnson, MS, RHIA, FAHIMA, and Lynn A. Wall, MBA, RHIT, CCS, CDIP
- “Is Case Mix Index Still a Relevant Key Performance Indicator?” By Cheryl Ericson, RN, MS, CCDS, CDIP
- “Highlights of the 2021 CPT Code Updates” By Leigh Poland, RHIA, CCS
Publishing week of 1/18
- “2021 OPPS Overview/Update” By Cari Greenwood, RHIA, CCS, CPC
Voices in HIM
- “Kindness as a Leadership Principle” By Rebecca Harmon, MPM, RHIA, CCA
- “Implementing Computer-Assisted Coding at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System” By George Redd-Hachey, MSML, CCS, CCDS, CHDA, CHPS
Everyday HIM (Profile)
- CEO’s Message
- President’s Message