The Compliance Clock is Ticking on ONC’s 21st Century Cures Act Regulations
In the Issue
The final rules on information blocking and interoperability promise significant improvement in health data access and interoperability for every healthcare stakeholder—from patients and providers to technology vendors and payers.
For our October issue, the Journal of AHIMA publishes a curated collection of articles on implementing the information blocking and interoperability final rules. These articles will equip health information professionals with the necessary resources to adapt to new realities, while also empowering them to provide evidence-based expertise to professionals in every domain of the healthcare ecosystem.
To view the full collection of Parsing Information Blocking and Interoperability articles, click here.
Parsing Information Blocking and Interoperability
- “The Compliance Clock is Ticking on ONC’s 21st Century Cures Act Regulations” By DeAnn Tucker, MHA, RHIA, CHPS, CCS
- “In the Post-COVID-19 World, Bidirectional Data Exchange Will Be More Important Than Ever” By Drew Ivan
- “Federal Regulators Put Patients in the Driver’s Seat” By Matthew A. Michela
- “Three Ways Analytics-Fueled Interoperability Is Crucial During COVID-19 and Beyond” By Emad Rizk, MD
- “Forging Ahead with Interoperability Amid a Pandemic” By Dhaval Shah and Swanand Prabhutendolkar
Also in the Issue
- “‘HIM Professionals Are a Stabilizing Force in a Sea of Chaos’” By Mary Butler
- “Rethinking Healthcare Delivery in the Age of COVID-19, Digital Transformation” By Matt Schlossberg
- “How to Improve Patient Experience in the ROI Process” By Mariela Twiggs, MS, RHIA, CHP, FAHIMA
- “Telehealth BAA Compliance After National Public Health Emergency Ends” By Carlyn M. Doyle, MSHI, RHIA, CHPS, HCISPP, CDPE, and DeAnn Tucker MHA, RHIA, CHPS, CCS
- “Assessing FY 2021 ICD-10-CM Code Updates” By Janice R. Noller, RHIA, CCS, CDIP, CICA
- “Deciphering the FY 2021 ICD-10-PCS Coding Updates” By Tina Bruce, MSHIM, MSHI, RHIA, CCS, CDIP
Click here to access recent articles, including those in this issue, that have a CE quiz available.
Print articles from the current issue back to 1998 are available in the AHIMA Body of Knowledge. (Full access requires member log in, but some articles are available for public viewing.)