The COVID-19 pandemic is a quickly evolving situation. Health information management (HIM) professionals need to stay on top of the latest developments in order to help their healthcare organization prepare.
The following websites may provide valuable information. This is information for both HIM and health IT professionals, some specific to clinicians. Most are government/state agency best practices and guidance for public health crises in the United States.
These resources were recommended and compiled by Ashley Andrews Dean, CPHIMS, CHDA, CPHI, CPPM, CPC, an EHR, MACRA, and HIM value-based care performance consultant and member of the AHIMA Privacy and Security Practice Council.
- Management Checklist for Teleworking Surge During COVID-19 Response: https://healthsectorcouncil.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Emergency Preparedness and Response Resources for Emergency Health Professionals Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA): https://emergency.cdc.gov/coca/
- Healthcare Ready serves as a unique educational resource for policymakers, senior officials, media, and the public: https://healthcareready.org/covid19/
- Department of Health and Human Services Public Health Emergency: phe.gov/emergency/events/COVID19/Pages/default.aspx
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials: astho.org
Image credit: NIAID-RML, https://www.flickr.com/photos/niaid/albums/72157712914621487/with/49531042877 .Leave a comment