Grace Award Nominating Committee Is Accepting Applications
AHIMA is currently accepting nominations for one of the most prestigious accolades that members can receive, the Grace Award. Named for AHIMA’s founder Grace Whiting Myers, the 2015 Grace Award will be presented at the 87th AHIMA Annual Convention and Exhibit in New Orleans, September 26-30, 2015.
The Grace Award recognizes healthcare delivery organizations that take “an outstanding and innovative approach to health information management (HIM).” The Grace Award nominating committee will be accepting applications through May 17.
The 2014 Grace Award went to Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, located in Dallas, TX, in recognition for its successful implementation of EHRs, which resulted in the following outcomes:
- Reducing the length of stay in the emergency room by 30 percent
- Cutting the time it takes to receive ambulatory care records from eight days to three days
- Lowering the delinquency rate from 21 percent to 0.4 percent
- Cutting medication delivery time from 12 hours to four hours
- Engaging more than 15,000 patients through a portal, with more than 15 percent of patients actively involved
The award was accepted at AHIMA’s 2014 Annual Convention in San Diego by Pamela Arora, senior vice president and chief information officer, and Katherine Lusk, MHSM, RHIA, chief health information management and exchange officer.
“The Grace Award gives AHIMA a wonderful opportunity to recognize organizations that are taking critical steps and launching insightful programs that ensure health information is available to both medical professionals and patients where and when it’s needed,” said AHIMA CEO Lynne Thomas Gordon, MBA, RHIA, CAE, FACHE, FAHIMA, in a statement.