Software Advice, an Austin, TX-based online consultancy for software buyers, recently released an electronic health record (EHR) market share report that shows how the electronic medical record marketplace breaks down according to “meaningful use” EHR Incentive Program attestations and outpatient physician users.
Due to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services now tracks EHR adoption. Software Advice compiled the most recent data available to help the healthcare industry better understand the market. They uncovered the following:
- 115,918 eligible professionals have successfully attested for meaningful use
- 107,112 have attested for complete EHR
- 8,806 have attested for modular EHR
- 387 vendors have reported attestation for either modular or complete EHR
- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT lists 623 vendors on their Certified Health IT Product List
Comparison of this data against a previous analysis in 2010 reveals that the top five vendors, in terms of attestations, haven’t changed. These top five remain:
- Epic Systems
- GE Centricity
The report also includes a list of the top EHR vendors, as ranked by number of meaningful use attestations for a complete EHR.
Top 10 EHR Vendors By Number of MU Attestations – Complete EHR
|Vendor||Complete EHR MU Attestations||Percent of Attestations|
|Epic Systems Corporation||23,446||21.89%|
|Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc.||2,939||2.74%|
For more information on the findings, click here for the complete report.
Brittany Richards (email@example.com) is editorial coordinator of profitable practice at Software Advice.