More Updated Practice Briefs
AHIMA updated and posted several practice briefs to the AHIMA Body of Knowledge. Check out the following updated practice briefs:
- “The RFP Process for EHR Systems (Updated)” guides organizations through the selection process, assisting providers as they issue requests for information or requests for proposal for EHRs or component systems. It is to be used in conjunction with the accompanying RFI/RFP Template.
- “Preemption of the HIPAA Privacy Rule (Updated)” explores what the privacy rule says about preemption. In addition, it provides readers with a framework for making lawful preemption decisions.
- “Handling Complaints and Mitigation (Updated)” outlines the skills necessary for HIM professionals to handle complaints and dispute resolutions effectively.
- “Verbal/Telephone Order Authentication and Time Frames (Updated)” details the federal regulations and Joint Commission standards for verbal and telephone orders.
- “Internet Resources for HIM Professionals (Updated)” lists 10 of the many popular destinations and resources found on the AHIMA Web site. It also contains a separate list of numerous Internet resources that HIM professionals in all care settings might find useful.
Additional practice briefs will be updated and posted to the BoK in the coming months and next year. Stay tuned to the Journal Web site for the latest list of updated titles.