Journal of AHIMA – January 2010
The January cover story outlines the process for testing HIPAA version 5010 standards before the end of the year. Upgrading the standards is necessary to support the industry’s migration to ICD-10-CM/PCS by 2013. Other features examine what leadership means in the HIM field and effective communication skills for HIM professionals.
The January issue also features several new “Working Smart” columns. “ARRA on the Job” offers HIM professionals practical guidance on interpreting, planning for, and implementing provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. “e-HIM Best Practices” offers best practices for working in the e-HIM environment. The “Data Standards” offers practical applications and emerging issues related to data standards.
- Preparing for 5010, by Jim Moynihan, MBA, FHFMA, CTP, CHBME
- Leading: What It Means in HIM, by Genna Rollins
- More Than Just Talk, by Chris Dimick
- HIPAA, Too, by Harry Rhodes, MBA, RHIA, CHPS, CPHIMS, FAHIMA, and Dan Rode, MBA, CHPS, FHFMA
- Completing Charts in EHRs, by Lou Ann Wiedemann, MS, RHIA, CPEHR
- Achieving Meaningful Use, by Allison Viola, MBA, RHIA
- Easing e-Discovery, by William S. Horn, MBA
- Pain-free Wound Care Coding, by Melanie Endicott, MBA/HCM, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P
- A RAC Primer for LTC Facilities, by Mary Ann Leonard, RAC-CT, RHIA