Tackling the Tough Topics for Health Information Privacy and Security Week
Next week is Health Information Privacy and Security Week and the Journal welcomes five industry experts to explore the hottest privacy and security topics. Each day, a different guest author will provide insight into a different issue.
Here’s the lineup:
- Monday: Taking a Stand on Sanctions, Vera Rulon, MS, RHIT, CCS, FAHIMA, AHIMA President
- Tuesday: Medical Identity Theft and Red Flag Rules, Chris Apgar, CISSP, president, Apgar & Associates LLC
- Wednesday: Breach Notification Involving Protected Health Information, Peter Adler, Attorney at Law, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Thursday: HITECH Act Privacy Provisions’ Impact for Health Information Exchanges, Stacie Durkin, RN-C, RHIA, MBA, Owner, Durkin & Associates
- Friday: The Red Flags Rule: Protecting Providers and Patients from Medical Identity Theft, Steven Toporoff, Attorney, Federal Trade Commission
Join us next week, Monday, April 13, through Friday, April 17, to read and comment.