Journal of AHIMA – February 2009
The February issue examines when organizations should notify patients of a data breach. Other features delve into how to prepare for the Recovery Audit Contractor Program and resolving the complex issue of privacy protections to advance health IT adoption.
- Sounding the Alarm, by Chris Dimick
- RAC Ready, by Kathy M. Johnson, RHIA; Allison Bloom, MBA, RHIA; Denise Morris, RHIA, CCS; and Rod Madamba, RHIA
- Untangling Privacy, by Chris Dimick
- Authenticating EHR Metadata, by Thomas R. McLean, MD, JD, FACS, Esq.
- Surviving a CMS Security Investigation, by Judi Hoffman, CAP, CHP, CHSS
- Maximizing e-Prescribing Success, by Lydia Washington, MS, RHIA, CPHIMS
- Meeting the FTC’s Red Flag Requirements, by Nancy Davis, MS, RHIA
- ICD-10-CM Enhancements, by Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P
- 2009 CPT Coding Update, by Anita Majerowicz, MS, RHIA