Journal of AHIMA – August 2008
This special August issue focuses on physician practices and how HIM professionals can help physicians transition to EHRs, improve documentation, and help with quality reporting. It also examines the medical home model and the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology’s work to certify EHRs.
SPECIAL ISSUE: Focus on Physician Practices
- Physician Practices and Information Management, by Kevin Heubusch
- Home Sweet Medical Home, by Chris Dimick
- Weighing the Stark Law Exceptions, by Linda Howrey, EJD, CCS-P
- Certified EHRs: Certification Reduces Risk and Effort in Product Selection, by Kevin Heubusch
- In Search of Quality Quality Initiatives, by Chris Dimick