In the May issue of the journal, a focus on health information exchange, with a look at the health record banking model, the role of state-level HIE organizations, and the NHIN trial implementations.
Members may read all stories online in the AHIMA FORE Library: HIM Body of Knowledge. Select features also are available publicly.
- Taking Medical Records to the Bank, by Chris Dimick
- NHIN Show and Tell, by Gina Rollins
- The State Connection: State-level Efforts in Health Information Exchange, by Lynn Dierker, RN
- Storage Solution: A Plan for Paper in the Transition to Electronic Document Management, by Darice Gryzbowski, MA, RHIA, FAHIMA
- Watching the Puck: Gauging HIM’s Trajectory in the e-HIM Transition, by Sandra Nunn, MA, RHIA, CHP
- Testing and Monitoring Access Policy Controls: The Right Controls Can Boost Compliance and Efficiency, by Cheryl Traverse
- Canada’s Interoperable EHR: Infoway Chooses the More Challenging Path, the Greater Benefits, by Dennis Giokas, MSc
- Complying with the Privacy Rule during a Disaster–Part 2, by Aviva M. Halpert, MA, RHIA, CHPS
- ICD-10-CM Primer, by Ann Barta, MSA, RHIA; Gale McNeill, RHIA, CCS; Peggy Meli, PhD, MS, RHIA, LHRM; Kathleen Wall, MS, RHIA; and Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P
- Decipering Dialysis Access Maintenance Coding, by Stacie L. Buck, RHIA, CCS-P LHRM, RCC, CIC